Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Of Discipline and Routine

Master Po is right, the purpose of discipline is to life more fully. Or to paraphrase the Dalai Lama, the key to enlightenment is routine. Routine and discipline by themselves, however, is not the answer. One must have an understanding of what their bliss is and then apply routine and discipline to the pursuit of their bliss.

Religion is, or should be a practice, it should inform how you behave. The disciplined pursuit of one's bliss is a personal religion that needs markers, ceremonies and reminders to keep you on "the straight and narrow."

Some of my daily markers are: Five minutes of silence every day, exercise, spending and time creating what I want in my mind. I've come to realize, however, that there is a need for more discipline in my bliss journey. It bring me to the question, 'what is religion.?

No comments: